The New York State Education Department sponsors week-long professional development programs for school food service workers and managers, held in July at Madison-Oneida BOCES.
The four-day sessions are conducted by experienced food service directors to:
- Emphasize basic cooking techniques and proper knife skills
- Enhance the skills of food service personnel
- Provide training in quantity food preparation techniques
- Stress proper sanitation and kitchen safety
- Improve health and nutrition awareness
- Help to market and merchandise your program
The program is managed by NYSED's Office of Child Nutrition. Click here for dates, program overviews, applications, contact information and other details.