by Eric Schlosser Year Published: 2001
Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal is a book by investigative journalist Eric Schlosser that examines the local and global influence of the United States fast food industry.
by Dr. Alex Richardson Year Published: 2011
Dr Alex Richardson, one of the UK's leading authority on how nutrition affects behaviour and learning, exposes the truth behind the foods we are feeding our children and offers simple, practical solutions all parents can use. An empowering book that will transform the lives of children and help them reach their full potential.
Senior Research Fellow at Oxford University and former school teacher, Dr Alex Richardson is one of the UK's leading expert on how what we do and do not feed our children impacts their learning, concentration, co-ordination and behaviour.
Empowering and extremely practical, this book sorts out food fact from food myth and shows parents how to bring the best choices into their children's everyday diets. Includes simple meal plans and recipes as well as practical guidance on other lifestyle factors, such as time spent in front of TV and computer screens.
A highly influential book that offers concerned parents concrete information and real solutions.
by M. Anderson Year Published: 2013
Do You Know What's In the Food You're Eating?
Can you honestly say you know what you're eating? If you're like most people, the information in this book is going to shock and disgust you. It's probably going to make you angry. The good news is you'll be informed. You'll know what's really in the food you're eating and you'll be able to make an informed decision as to what foods you want to eat and what foods you want to eliminate from your diet.
The following topics are covered in this expose of what's in your food and what may be at risk:
- How we were designed by evolution to eat and how it differs from the way we eat now.
- Why bad foods taste better than foods that are good for you.
- Flavor chemistry and how it affects the way you eat.
- Why "natural" ingredients in food aren't what you think they are.
- MSG: It isn't just in Chinese food.
- Castoreum: The natural flavoring that is going to shock you.
- The hidden dangers of vegetable oils.
- Why your extra-virgin olive oil may not be as pure as you think it is.
- Good old-fashioned butter vs. margarine spreads. The winner is going to surprise you.
- Sugar: It's everywhere.
- Artificial sweeteners aren't what you think they are.
- Milk: Does it really do a body good?
- Refined flour: Hold the nutrients.
- Have you been eating human hair and duck feathers?
- The shocking truth about sodium.
- Frankenseeds: Genetically modified foods.
- Pesticides and how to avoid them.
- Why you need to watch what your food eats.