Board of Education Meetings
First Thursday of each month at 5 p.m. in the Administration Building Conference Room, Verona campus. All meetings are open to the public.Please Attend
Board decisions affect the education and general well-being of the community. Constituents are best represented when members of the community take the time to observe the Board in action, express opinions and ask questions.Responsibilities of the Board
Board of Education GoalsGoal 1:Instructional and administrative support programs offered by Madison-Oneida BOCES are aligned with best practices, current research, and component districts’ needs.Goal 2:Operational procedure of Madison-Oneida BOCES will make effective and efficient use of all available resources.
- Defining the philosophy of the BOCES
- Setting goals and objectives to achieve desired education progress
- Employing professional educators to meet those goals
- Establishing policies for the operation of the BOCES
- Evaluating the effectiveness of BOCES programs and services
- Developing a budget consistent with educational needs and community resources
- Communicating the needs and progress of the BOCES to the community, component school districts, educational governing boards, and legislators
Technology services available by Madison-Oneida BOCES are aligned with best practices and provide cutting edge opportunities to meet component districts’ needs.Goal 4:Collaborate with regional leaders and utilize data to increase the performance of all students, respond to statewide initiatives, and achieve efficiency in their operations.Goal 5:Systematically communicate with various publics the roles, needs, and accomplishments of the BOCES in support of the component school districts with regard to the achievement of state and federal standards for students and schools.