• innerviews

From the Business Office

    Mileage Reimbursement Rate to Change

    The standard business mileage reimbursement rate will change to 54.5 cents as of January 1, 2018.  Any mileage incurred for business purposes after January 1 will be reimbursed according to this new rate. A form with the new rate will be available on the BOCES website.

    Likewise, the IRS rate for medical purposes will change to 18 cents per mile on January 1. Please use this new rate for mileage reimbursement through the Flex Plan.

    Staff are encouraged to use electronic forms to submit mileage reimbursement requests, if they are not doing so already. Completing the form electronically alleviates mathematical errors and “legibility” issues. As always, expense vouchers must be received by the business office within 90 days of occurrence, or by June 30, whichever comes first.


    Update Addresses for W-2s

    With the end of the year quickly approaching, please be sure your address is up-to-date with Payroll so that there is no delay when issuing W2’s. Contact Melissa Fuller at x5536 if you need to make a change. All changes must have the proper paperwork to be processed.


    Electronic W-2 Forms

    Employees who have 100% direct deposit and have registered with WinCap Web will be able to receive their 2017 W-2 tax form electronically. The electronic forms will be available earlier than paper W-2's.

    Those interested in this option will need to complete the consent form in WinCap Web: In the top menu, go to Employee Self-Service – My W-2 Consent Elections. Enter your password at the bottom of the screen. (This is the same process to use if you'd like to withdraw your consent for electronic W-2's.)

    If you gave your authorization for last year’s electronic W-2 and are still an active employee, you do not need to re-authorize.

    The consent form must be completed by January 15 or a paper W-2 will be issued.

    WinCap Web users will be advised as soon as the forms are available for downloading.

    If you have any questions, contact Melissa Fuller in payroll x5536.


    Change in Life Status?

    If you’ve had a change in your life status (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of a child or death of a family member), the Business Office encourages you to be sure to keep your retirement system’s death benefit beneficiaries current. Beneficiary change forms are available under the “Staff” tab on the MOBOCES website.

    The same life status changes (marriage, divorce, separation, birth & death) may also affect your health, dental and vision insurance coverage. If you have questions concerning a qualifying event and your coverage, contact Sherri Williams at x5534.


    New: Omni Updates

    A quarterly newsletter from Omni is now available on the Forms section of our website, under Retirement. Omni is the company MOBOCES uses for 403(b) and 457 plans.