National External Diploma Program
The TASC test may not be the best option for every New York adult learner looking to earn their High School Equivalency Diploma. The National External Diploma Program (NEDP) is an alternative pathway to the New York State High School Equivalency Diploma. The NEDP allows eligible adults the opportunity to apply their life and employment experiences to complete program requirements. Qualifying candidates must meet weekly with an assessor who assigns tasks that you complete at home. Candidates who meet all of the requirements will earn a New York State High School Equivalency Diploma. NEDP is a computer-based program so you must have access to a computer as well as basic computer skills to complete the program. On average, the program takes approximately 8 months to complete.The NEDP:
- Is aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- Is designed for self-directed individuals responsible for completing assignments in the comfort of their own homes
- Allows participants the opportunity to work at their own pace
- Evaluates competencies in 10 content areas, such as: Financial Literacy, Health Literacy, Civic Literacy, Geography, History, Science, and Twenty-first Century Workforce
- Need a little extra guidance with your assignments? Tutoring is available.
For more information about the National External Diploma Program or to enroll, please contact:(To email, simply click on any of the names.)Click here for a list of our literacy class locations and times.All of our Literacy Classes are offered at No Cost to the Student!
- The NEDP is strictly confidential!