Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™ Test)
We are all familiar with the GED. Well did you know that as of January 1, 2014, the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™) replaced the GED in New York State as the test used to earn your High School Equivalency Diploma? Although other states across the country continue to use the GED, the TASC™ test is currently the only test that can lead to your High School Equivalency Diploma in New York State.
Here are some other things you may want to know about the TASC™ test:
- The TASC™ test is free for all New York State examinees! If a website offers to let you take the TASC™ test for a fee, leave that website as it is fraudulent!
- The TASC™ test is offered as a paper-based test or a computer-based test that is administered at one of our public testing sites (Click here for schedule of TASC™ dates and locations)
- Like the old GED, the TASC™ includes subtests in Math, Social Studies, Science, Reading, and Writing
- The TASC™ test is aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- The TASC™ test is available to all New York State adults who do not have a High School Diploma
- If you have passed parts of the GED between 2002 and 2013, but did not pass the entire test; your passing GED scores still count! If we are able to verify passing scores through a transcript or our testing records, you only need to pass the parts of the TASC™ exam that you did not pass on the old GED! Call us today so your old, passing GED scores do not go to waste!
While most New York State adults lacking a high school diploma are eligible to call us and sign up to take the TASC™ test, taking one of our free classes will greatly increase your likelihood of passing the TASC™. Our teachers work with resources designed specifically for TASC™ success; and, when you are ready, you will have access to the TASC Readiness Assessment (TRA), a TASC practice exam that helps us determine your chances of success on the test.
For more information about our no cost classes, click here
For our schedule of TASC™ test dates and locations, click here
To download your TASC™ test application to fill out and bring to one of our ACCESS sites, click here
For more information about the TASC™ test, visit their website at www.tasctest.com .
For more information about TASC™ test eligibility or to sign up to take the test, contact:(To email, simply click on the contact name below.)
In Oneida: Carla Gualteri (315) 361-5922
In Rome: Amelia Rose (315) 334-8000
In Utica: Lucretia Hunt (315) 738-7306
All of our Literacy Classes are offered at No Cost to the Student!