English as a Second Language (ESL)
Immigrants and refugees are invited to come learn or improve their English language skills. Classroom instruction, focusing on speaking and understanding English, is offered in Utica and Rome. Students have the opportunity to practice reading, writing and vocabulary while also working on their pronunciation and conversation skills. Citizenship skills are also included in the curriculum to assist those students who are preparing for their citizenship test. Morning and afternoon classes are available at the Rome and Utica ACCESS Sites, as well as evening classes at the Utica ACCESS Site.
We can help you:
- Gain language skills necessary to communicate with your children’s school
- Gain language skills necessary to communicate with government agencies
- Gain language skills necessary to communicate at your job
- Gain language skills necessary for post-secondary education or training
- Gain language skills necessary to go on to one of our Adult Basic Education or High School Equivalency classes
- Gain language skills and knowledge necessary to help you pass your citizenship test
- Gain language skills necessary to succeed!
Click here for a list of class locations and times.
For more information or to enroll, please contact us:
In Rome: (315) 334-8000
In Utica: (315) 738-7300
All of our Literacy Classes are offered at No Cost to the Student!