Home Study Program
Do you have barriers that prevent you from coming to one of our High School Equivalency Classes? Our Home Study Program may be able to help! With our Home Study Program, prepare for your High School Equivalency exam in a convenient and confidential manner. This program allows participants ages 21 and older the opportunity to devote about 6 hours a week to coursework. The coursework is prepared for you by our home study instructors located at the Rome and Utica ACCESS Sites. You complete the assignments at your own pace, and drop off your coursework packet every two weeks. At that time, you pick up your coursework packet for the next two weeks. Your coursework is prepared based on our assessments that are administered on a regular basis.
Our Home Study Program works best for:
- Adults over 21 years of age
- Part-time or full-time workers whose work schedules conflict with our available classes
- Single parents with day care issues
- Adults who have hid their lack of a high school diploma from family or friends due to embarrassment or pride
- A self-motivated person who works better independently than in a classroom full of others
- Adults who have previously passed multiple sections of the TASC (or GED between 2002 and 2013) and just have one or two sections to focus on
- Adults with transportation issues who cannot make it to one of our class locations
Whatever your barrier may be, if you feel our Home Study Program is right for you, please contact us today!
(To email, simply click on the name.)
Click here for a list of our literacy class locations and times.
All of our Literacy Classes are offered at No Cost to the Student!