Return to Headlines
Fifteen Qualify For SkillsUSA States
Fifteen MOBOCES students will be competing at the New York State SkillsUSA competition in April after earning a Top 3 finish at the regional meet on February 10 at Morrisville State College. The state competitors include seven students in individual competitions, and two four-person teams.
- Health Related Careers student Alexandria LoGiudice (Rome) - 1st place, Medical Terminology
- Health Related Careers students Shelby Barbato, (Camden) and Raye Lagoy (Morrisville-Eaton) – 1st place and 3rd place, First Aid CPR
- Carpentry students Nicholas Calabresse (Camden) and Justane Fox (Madison) – 1st place and 2nd place, Carpentry
- Recreation Outdoor Power Equipment student Douglas Marshall (Stockbridge Valley) – 1st place, Motorcycle Service Technology
- Recreation Outdoor Power Equipment student Logan Vineall (Stockbridge Valley) – 1st place, Small Engine Service
- Health Knowledge Bowl 1: Bailey Skinner and Olivia Potter (both Camden), Michaela Compoli (Morrisville-Eaton) and Brittany Finen (Vernon-Verona-Sherrill), all Health Related Careers students – 2nd place
- Health Knowledge Bowl 2: Colleen Russ and Brittany Clemens (both Canastota), Carissa Smith (Camden) and Kendra Soto (Oneida), all Health Related Careers students – 3rd place
About 36 MOBOCES students participated in regionals, competing against more than 900 students. SkillsUSA is an education-industry partnership that engages students in technical skills development and fosters leadership development.